new template

Saturday, March 5, 2011

lil' alien

Jon and I were watching Aliens (and flipping back and forth to Glee) tonight and it made me want to share with everyone the alien that is living inside of me.  Leighton has been trying to bust through my stomach, just like a scene from the movie, for the last few weeks now.  It is constant… 24/7.  The only way to make her calm down, and it only works sometimes, is if Jon puts his hands on my stomach… he can be a calming force (sometimes!).  I am hoping she is tuckering herself out before she makes her grand debut, but with my luck she will be this active after her arrival… Lord help Jon and I!  Or maybe she just has my Dad's taste in movies... Pa, you and Leighton can watch the Alien movies and Avatar to your hearts content when she is a little older.
ps… this is not me moving my belly… it is all Leighton… hope it comes though on video!

8 comments:

  1. Totally came through. I remember those movements. Savor them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!!! She IS active!!! So exciting!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When are you due! ? That is a strong little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OUCH! Put that girl to work when she's born! It totally came through!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so miss that . . . and it has been almost 25 years for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mrs. Stidham... she is due the same day as the royal wedding... april 29th!

    And i know i should charish these movements but lord... they are constant and she is strong... i think i might have a few bruised ribs in my future when she gets a little bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i've heard that they are active outside the womb when they were active inside....so as long as it's daytime and not night you should be good...fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leighton's a very active little girl....just like her mother. I remember your long little feet pushing my ribs so hard I was sure either your foot or my ribs were going to break. Enjoy every minute of it....the time passes so fast!!!

    ReplyDelete