new template

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Yes, Like Hillary Clinton…

I may or may not have an addiction to Starbucks.  I try to hide this addiction from my husband (since prices are higher here than in the States) but it is time to share and come forward!  Hi, my name is Hillary and I am addicted to a grande café mocha, skinny with whip (yes, skinny with whip, don’t judge) with an extra shot!  I have tried Costa (tastes like cardboard), Caribou Coffee (way way too sweet) and every local place I can find, but I always come back to the sweet nectar of Starbucks… it just makes me happy. 
You want to know what else makes me happy?  The way my name is spelled by the baristas!  I would say in Dubai 100% of the Starbucks workers’ first language is not English… I wish more than anything that I was bilingual, but my brain just doesn’t work that way… so I can’t be mad or frustrated or annoyed… but I can laugh!  The only time that my name is ever and I mean EVER spelled correctly is because the Barista makes a joke about my first name being the same as Hillary Clinton.  It usually goes like this…
Barista: “what is your name?”
Me: “Hillary.”
Barista: ”like Hillary Clinton… haha!”
Me:”yep… just like Hillary Clinton.”
And then I get something like this on my cup…YEA!
 
 
 
 
Here are the close calls…
 
Getting colder….
 
 
 
 
 
Way off…
 
And my all-time favorite…
 
 
Lord only knows what they think I am saying my name is but it is always good for a laugh… just like the fact that it only took me a few weeks to compile these pictures... all though my wallet isn’t laughing!  Alas, I will still order my addiction and continue down the road of no return if only for the amazing linguistic surprise that I receive at the end of every order.  Bless you Dubai Baristas and keep those gems coming!

Until Later…

 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh this is hilarious!! :) Sorry I haven't checked out your blog in a while, it's bookmarked in a different browser than I usually use.

    ReplyDelete