new template

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Like mother, like daughter…

Hello, my name is Hillary and I am a TV-aholic.  I have had this problem my entire life… I literally wore out the Beta tapes for Annie and the Incredible Shrinking Woman when I was little.  No joke, the tape broke while playing… I was 4 or 5 and I still remember how sad I was… someone should have realized then that I had a problem and sent me away to receive treatment, but I was the fourth kid.  Any fourth kid out there will tell you we were lucky enough to have our family remember our birthday let alone pick up on an addiction problem. (just kidding Mueller family… yall never forgot my birthday… I don’t think!)
 So, Jon’s brother, Steve and his fiancée Liz gave us a Baby Einstein dvd for Christmas this year.  I haven’t pulled it out yet because I figured Little L was too young for said video since she is only 2 months old… BUT she is the daughter of TV addicted mom, so I don’t know what I was thinking.   Addiction is passed on through your genes, so it is fitting that she would have a problem as well.  She was having a fussy moment the other day, so Jon and I popped out the Bumbo and the DVD… and bam, Leighton was mesmerized!  She had drool coming out of the side of her mouth while staring at the screen like a shroomed up kid at a Grateful Dead concert, mesmerized.


Since I have recognized the addiction in myself and I have informed the munchkin that this is a problem that she will have to keep an eye out for the rest of her life, we are only going to watch this DVD every other day at the most.  Hopefully we can stick to this schedule, because we do not want her to end up residing in our basement when she is 30, living on diet coke and McDonald’s while she daydreams about getting her first kiss from Stepheno’s great grandson on Days of Our Lives… trust me people, this addition runs deep and that could be the reality if we aren't careful!
Until later...

No comments:

Post a Comment