new template

Sunday, May 19, 2013

The BIG 2!

Leighton is two!  I felt as if the first year took an eternity but this second year has flown by in the blink of an eye!   I am not a baby person… I like a little person that can interact with me, run around and tell me if they are in pain…. So, I am loving 2 (minus the timeouts, tantrums and “MINE” all the time!) 
Last year we had a ton of people celebrate with us for her first birthday and that did not go over so well with little Miss Leighton.  She was completely overwhelmed with unfamiliar faces and so many people in her home, so this year we threw Leighton a little birthday fiesta with just a couple of her school and playdate chums. 
The birthday girl


And her friends…




It is a 2 year olds party… of course there would be a potty in the background of at least one picture!
 
 



We did a lot of sliding

 

And swinging...

 
 
Who knew a cooler with Ice would be the hit of the party? (yes, that is beer in that cooler... we had to keep the parents entertained also!)



And then out came the cake…

 

 

Yes, I made the cake… I was very impressed with myself!

 
 

Then it was time for goodbye hugs…



And off to nap time…


I could give y’all a list of what makes Leighton so awesome, but I am a little competitive and that list could go on for quite a while.  I’ll just leave it with she is a badass and we count our blessings every day to have made such a cool kid… did you catch that?  We made her… and guess what?  We will never stop reminding her (especially in her teenage years) that our genes made her as awesome as she is. 

 

Until later…
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment